Discord, one of the powerful software that enables the users to share audio, video, and text to share with their companions in games. Unfortunately, in recent times many users constantly complained that the discord screen share audio.
It is common to have such an issue, but you need to know the cause for your Discord screen share audio not working issue.
So, here we will see what are the causes of Discord screen share audio not working issue and how to resolve it.
Possible causes for Discord screen share audio not working
On a general note, if the discord on your PC seems to have some problem or the discord voice settings run into any errors or if the browser fails to capture audio, then the discord won’t share audio screen.
We have seen many cases, and after examining the troubleshooting and conditions, we have come to the conclusion that this problem is due to various reasons. Each system configuration is different and may not apply in your case:
- Audio function at an early stage: At the initial phase, the audio with the screen share was not stable enough (as it was first implemented with the beta version). There are still problems and we will target them in the next section.
- Driver Compatibility: Like all other audio applications, Discord uses audio drivers installed on your hardware. If the audio drivers are corrupt or not working properly, you will have these kinds of problems.
- Administrative access: Discord shares your entire screen to other computers remotely, which may require administrative access to your computer. Increasing access generally solves the problem.
- Application problem: some applications do not work properly with the disc. In this case, there is nothing you can do except looking for some alternatives to replace.
Before you get started with the solution, make sure you have the credentials to log in. If we reset the application, you will be asked to log into the application. In addition, administrative access is essential.
How to fix Discord Screen Share not working issue
Here are the following solutions that you can try out to rectify the Discord Screen Share not working problem.
##1] Reinstall Discord
Uninstall The Discord and then reinstall it in order to solve this issue. Because sometimes reinstalling the app actually helps you to solve the issue efficiently.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Now select uninstall a programm
- Under this section, find Discord >> Right-click >> click uninstall.
- After successfully uninstalled, download discord again.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and reinstall it, and then you are good to go.
## 2] Restart PC
Sometimes the programs on your computer can cause conflicts with your Discord application. So when you restart your computer, it will solve the problem. Sometimes restarting your computer is powerful enough to get the discord app back to work.
## 3] update your audio Driver
Most of the time, users experience audio related issues when audio drivers are outdated. Updating your audio drivers is, therefore, one of the best solutions. Once your audio player is updated, it should resolve all audio-related issues on the disc. This can be done manually or automatically.
## 4] Reset the Discord Voice Settings
In some cases, the voice settings of the discord app might get corrupted. This may also be the reason that results in a screen share with no sound. So take time to reset the audio setting and make it work as usual.
- Launch Discord Software.
- Click on the Settings icon found on the right corner.
- From the list of options on the left, select Voice and Videos and Click on Reset Voice settings.
##5] Update discord
Check whether there is any update for your Discord and it will solve the issue for sure. Here’s how you do it.
- Press Windows + R on the keyboard to open the run window.
- And type %localappdata% and hit OK.
- This will redirect you to the local file location. Find Discord.
- Open the folder and double click update.exe. If there is an update, let the update process proceed.
- After updating, restart the Discord app and check whether it works properly or not.
The Discord screen share not working issues are quite common and one can fix it on their own. In order to assist you with this issue, we have suggested you with some of the possible and tested ways to solve the Discord screen share not working issue. Hope this will be helpful for you. If you have any better suggestions, you can write to us.